Tuesday, April 14, 2015

I'm Back!

Friends (all two of you that read this)... It's been a LONG time, but I'm back! A lot has happened in the last year and 3 months. Here's a quick recap...



I did my fare share of traveling... Austin; Chicago; Wisconsin (twice); Park City, Utah; Dallas (many times); Orlando; and a cruise out of Galveston to Cozumel which resulted in months of vertigo. I may share more on that later.

I was promoted at work last year. This is always exciting, but there is definitely a lot more work with promotions.

Leo, my 10-year old dapple dachshund, was diagnosed with a myriad of ailments... heart murmur (this may have been diagnosed long ago), Cushing's Disease, Pancreatitis, and probably a few other things I'm forgetting. The most struggling issues is the Cushing's Disease. Leo has been through rounds of testing, tweaking medication, more testing, more medication changes, and on and on, and just today was pronounced stable with his current medication doses. Yea! So now, he keeps taking the meds and gets re-tested in 6 months to make sure everything is still stable. One of the complications of the Cushing's Disease is Myotonia, which is a constant contraction of the muscles. This has caused Leo's mobility to progressively decline over the past year. When he was first diagnosed with Cushing's, he could still take walks, albeit quite slowly. Now, he really only walks to get water, food, go to the bathroom, or to change lying positions. And there really isn't much the vet can do to help this condition.

Ava, my 3-year old dachshund black lab mix hasn't changed a bit. Still crazy and wild! I just figured she deserved a shout-out.

At the beginning of the year, I had some medical concerns (all resolved now) and then lost my final grandparent, my paternal grandmother. Trying times, but this is what makes us stronger.

And over the past month, I discovered podcasts. Where have these been all my life and how am I just discovering them now? I'll share more about that in another post.

I also bought a new computer which I'm hoping will encourage me to blog more... although, I got the computer in April last year... so it didn't do too much to encourage me for the first 12 months after I bought it. But maybe 2015 will be different.

I guess that's it for the updates... but stay tuned. I'm determined to make this stick this time around. If you don't hear from me again for another 12+ months, then you know it didn't work.


No comments:

Post a Comment